Sunday, July 15, 2018

Yet Another Life Update // {P.O.V + Let's Eat Here!}


It's been 2 years since my last update. Let me let that sink in, 2 years (´⊙o⊙`;)

A lot can change in two years, and I hope that I was able to change during the time that has passed to a better person.

Anyways, let's get to it!

🔽What Courtney Has Been Doing Instead of Blogging🔽

- Started learning how to Ballroom Dance!! Competed in 3 competitions so far!
-Will be doing Graphic Design program this April ೭੧(❛▿❛)੭೨
-No longer works as a Barista...but now works as Medical Office Assistant
-Watched Vance Joy twice now. This makes it a total of 3 times 
- Begun doing Barre Fitness!
- Hiked Joffre Lake, The Chief and many more places
- GRADUATED with my Bachelor's!!!
- And now sadly, paying off my loans...

(Please note that the rest of the content below was written back in 2016...)


|| Places of Vancouver ||

If there's one thing to know about me, one of my hobbies, is hiking. I love exploring new places and looking at the scenery. Sadly, this year, I wasn't able to hike too much, in fact, I think I only hiked twice this year ●︿●

Luckily, I was able to explore a new place in Vancouver. During the last week of August of 2016, my close friend and I went to Rice Lake.


The side view of Rice Lake.
The water looked so clear here...in reality it was mucky and brown :c
Aesthetic picture, haha.
Posing, cause I need one for Instagram.
It was a peaceful hike, quite small, but it was nice and enjoyable. I do have to say that the water was mucky and not clear at all.

However, if you guys fine yourselves in Vancouver and want to hike, I would not recommend Rice Lake, only because there are other places such as Deep Cove, Cypress Falls, etc., that have a much better view.



Let's EaT Here!

If you must know, from the time away I was from blogging, I became interested in trying new food places in Vancouver! In fact, I made another Instagram account to document the places I tried and the dishes of food. 

(Check out my new instagram account)
Shameless promotion

Due to this new hobby of mine, I was able to find new places in Vancouver that I enjoyed eating at. And one of those places was Fanny Bay Oyster Bar

A closeup of the menu.
Can you feel the ambiance?

Located on 762 Cambie Street, it's actually quite easy to miss the restaurant, seeing how the entrance is a bit small. However, once you enter in, the place is quite spacious. They had multiple seating for dining, places to sit at the bar and as well, part of the restaurant was a shellfish market, where people can go buy their own seafood.

The time my friend and I went there, it was happy hour. This meant the oysters were $1 a piece!!!  ٩(◕ั ∀◕ั๑٩)
Oysters galore.
Because it was our first time here, we were a bit cautious on how many oysters we wanted to order. However, that thought went away as soon as we ate an oyster each. It was very fresh.

More pictures, because why not?
Given with the oysters was a complimentary bucket of fried potato chips. More so, we were given half a lemon, cilantro and cocktail sauce to give more flavor to the oysters.

Colorful sauces.
If that wasn't enough, at our disposal, we had also 3 more additional sauces. I believe we had apple cinnamon cider, mango and watermelon. From the three, I enjoyed the mango sauce with my oysters the most.

Overview of what we ate.
In addition, my friend and I also got the deep-fried oysters, which was the first time I tried it. I would actually described to be savory and sweet.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience of the Fanny Bay, I would recommend going there during happy hour! There's a lot to choose from for half the price.


Since I haven't technically posted a really long long post for a long time...I decided to finish this one up with some of the songs I found enjoyable. Hopefully, you guys will like them as well.



The Head and the Heart - All We Ever Knew


Reuben and the Dark - Heart in Two


Meiko - Stuck on You



Thanks for reading,
Courtney 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me :)