Monday, October 20, 2014

Ootd #1: Zig Zag Chic

Hey guys!

If there's one thing to know about me, is that I love posting my outfits of the day, as I find it fun to do. Haha, it's something that I do on a regular basis, especially if I'm out shopping,  at school or at work.

If you want to see more of my previous outfits of the day, besides the ones I will be posting on the blog, check out my instagram!

(Shameless plug in, I know! :D)

And now that I have a camera that takes high quality pictures and a tripod, I can actually take a full body length picture without relying on the changing room mirrors or any body length mirrors I see and run to.

>_<

Today, I present you to a cool outfit that mixes bright colours and intricate patterns together, and that I called "Zig Zag Chic."

(Cause, you know, modeling in your own room, is cool. :P)


Ideally, this outfit is perfect for the hot weather, i.e. Summer, but if you throw on a dark pair of cute knee high socks with ankle boots and a thin, sweater, it can be worn in the Fall or in the Spring.

Normally, this type of outfit is not my cup of tea, especially the shorts. When I first picked it up, I was 'iffy' about it, because I don't usually wear shorts that have such detailed patterns and a mixture of colours. My fashion style is more of a casual, but cutesy look. So when I tried the shorts on, I was surprised how much I liked it.

I matched the shorts with the hot pink tank because it added another layer of a bright colour to make the outfit pop even more. However, the golden triangular necklace (another piece that I wasn't too sure about, but end up loving) seals the outfit, as the touch of gold substance and odd shape make it not too casual and more to the chic side.


NOTE:  All the items that you're seeing, I bought with my own money.

Let's take a closer look.


The shirt is much brighter than it is depicted in the picture. It's a very bright hot pink. What I love about the tank top is the cool chevron design or zigzag patterns on it. The downside to the shirt is that it's somewhat transparent, so you have to wear something under it. As well, it looks much better tucked in, than left out on its own.


Not only are these shorts comfortable, but the patterns are very unique. The mixture of colours makes it pop out. Any shirt that is paired with these shorts, will be overshadowed, as the patterns of the shorts are very eye catching. 


I love this necklace and apparently my sister does too, since it reminds her of the triforce from the Legend of Zelda, hahaha. The only downside to this necklace is the length, it`s a bit too short for my liking.

(***Note: the picture of the mini purse from Guess is missing. T_T I misplaced it in my room somewhere, after I took the ootd picture.)

Tank top from: Forever 21
Necklace from: Forever 21
Shorts from: H&M
Purse from: Guess

This was a fun post to write, :) I love writing about my outfits of the day, so don`t be too surprised if there`s more posts to come!

Thanks for reading!
Courtney ♡.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share with me :)