Monday, December 15, 2014

Ootd #2: 'Red'-dy to Say Hello and Goodbye {Food Snaps, Thoughts + More}


It's been quite a while, since I last posted an outfit of the day, which is weird considering that I love taking pictures of my outfits and its something that I do constantly. However, my house has really no nice backgrounds to take pictures, which makes it difficult since I'm extremely picky. 

So the majority of my outfits taken at home, will have a door in the background, because honestly outside or inside my room is sadly, one of the best backgrounds in my house. ;A;

The outfit that I  styled is what I creatively (HAHAHA) called, "'Red-'dy to Say Hello and Goodbye." And this is only because the tank top I'm wearing has the french words for 'hello' (bonjour) and 'good-bye' (tristesse). Plus the fact that the colour red is the primary scheme of colour that is in focus.

The outfit:


Hat from: Forever 21
Cardigan from: American Eagle
Tank top from: H&M
Skirt from: Brandy Melville



Taking a closer look:


I'm the not a hat person, at all. But when I saw this one, I knew I wanted to buy it. There was also the factor that it was on a promotional sale, so it was a good deal. I would have preferred a black coloured one, however, by the time I decided to buy it, they were all sold out, so I had to settle for wine-red coloured one instead. The thing about it, is that I love the floppiness. It makes any of the outfits styled with it, cute and quirky, especially (in my opinion) when girls curl their hair.



The length and colour of the cardigan is what drew me in and ultimately led me to buy it. As you know, I'm not a tall person, ._., my height is exactly 5'0", and usually the problem for me when searching for cardigans is that they lend to be long and go right past my knees, x_x. However, this one, stops right above the knees, which I love about it. The beige colour makes it also easier to match with other clothing as well.

The one thing that I didn't appreciate about the item was the price, which I believe was around $35, which is insane, considering that you can find similar ones that are cheaper, in H&M or Forever 21. All in all, in a positive light, I got 15% off since American Eagle's card allows me to, as it is my birthday month.



I`ll be the first to say and admit H&M is not one of my favourite stores, I can hardly find anything that I like when I browse around. That being said, their store is probably one of the best when it comes to their sale items. The Bonjour|Tristesse tank was originally sold for $14, but I got it for $5, talk about a good deal! The tank top itself is very comfortable and soft, and the fact that it has a heart image on it, makes it cutesy, which I love.




It may not look like it, but, the red skirt is actually made entirely from velvet, which I appreciate since it`s soothing and super soft. I bought it at Vancouver`s only Brandy Melville at Granville, and I have to say, I was very excited since it was my first official purchase from the store (....I'm such a dork :p). The store also carried a black version of it, though, I thought the red one looked classier and more feminine. The one thing that I don't enjoy about the skirt is, it`s really, really thin.

[[Additional Shots]]





{Thoughts

This is going to be a quick ramble, you could say. Lately, I've been thinking of what I wanted to do in life and what my career would be, and as of now, the field that I'm currently studying for, is something that I`m not enjoying. I thought I did, until I realize I only enjoyed learning different aspects of it, but other than that, I don't enjoy it as a whole

Just recently I attended an info session about hair design and skin and makeup at VCC, a field that always piqued my interest. The info session was enjoyable, however, I had to say, before going into it, I was more excited about the field, but when the session was over, I wasn't as excited, which surprised me.

I`m at the point in life that I want to study and learn something that I will enjoy and eventually make a career out of.

Seriously, deciding what my career path and to be more talkative during large group hangouts should be my upcoming New Years Resolution :/

I found this quote, and I think it applies to me:

"Just because you took longer than others, doesn't mean you failed."


||Food Snaps||

I like to take pictures of my food. So enjoy (or not)!

Breakfast special at Kyle's.
Niku Udon from Sekai!!!

Coffebar's matcha latte.

Assorted sushi from Cho Sun.
Korean BBQ!


{[Music Mania]}

Do you ever get bored of the music you play constantly?
If you are, I have a few artists and songs I would like to recommend, so hopefully, if you like the songs that I'm putting up, then thats great!



WALK THE MOON - Anna Sun
(an oldie, but a goodie!)



Scavenger Hunt - Dreamers
(heard this on a virgin mobile commercial, and I literally had to memorize the lyrics to find it.)



Jason Zerbin - In Your Arms
(Another oldie song. I love supporting Canadian artists, who should be more well known.)



DJ Okawari - Luv Letter
(Completely instrumental, but very beautiful.)

Well, thats it for this post, I'm hoping to blog more, but it will be a few days when I update, since I'm going to Whistler!!! Knowing me, I'm going to take a lot of pictures when I get there!

Thanks for reading,
Courtney ♡.



2 comments:

  1. I'm in love with your hat!
    Looks great even in red :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! :D I'm not a hat person, but I couldn't resist this one ^^

      Delete

Please share with me :)